We are a group dedicated to the art of creating replica props for costuming or display! If you enjoy building weaponry, armor, gadgets, and other items to compliment your (or others) costuming projects, this is the place for you!
Be it creations based on gaming, fantasy, roleplaying, LARPing, scifi, comics, steampunk, anime, original.... all genres are welcome.
If you do not make props, but otherwise have an interest in props and propmaking, feel free to watch us! If you create some later then wish to join, go right ahead!
-original builds are encouraged! This groups focus is primarily on things you scratchbuild, or extensively modify. If it looks like the original base (ie. a repainted nerf or other toy), It cannot be accepted (sorry!)
- please, no model prop kits!
- have the prop as the *primary* focus of the photograph if you don't have any photos of your prop alone. Remember, this is a group with a focus on props, not the full costume/outfit .
-please submit finished props only! This may change depending on how things go though!
- If you have multiple Deviations of the same prop, please choose one to contribute!
- If you have MANY props that are very similar in design/style, please submit a maximum 3 in a particular folder (ie. spellbooks, wands, katanas, gauntlets etc). This group is about exposing eachother to a variety of various work from propmakers, and 3 submissions should be able to represent an individual's body of similar in that category.
- jewelry cannot be accepted, with the exception of in the steampunk category on a case by case basis (please check the steampunk gallery for special rules) ..
-Some series are VERY popular, so they have their own folder.
-sorry, no plushies, as theres so many out there, i can't sort out what is and isn't a costume prop, and don't have time to debate every case. REALLY REALLY sorry about this one!
- i can't take submissions for helms, crowns, masks, headbands etc, until I can get more extensive guidelines set up.
These rules WILL evolve as things go along or on the offhand chance that this upgrades to a supergroup!
---Becoming a member---
Whether you're a new propmaker or live under a shop table at ILM, if you make props and items for costuming, cosplay, or just to have because you think its cool, you're welcome to apply to be a Member.
Thanks for coming!
Receiving too many deviations in your inbox from this group (or others)? go to your friends management page located here : my.deviantart.com/deviants/ and tick off the deviations button. You can still get blogs and such should you wish to!